Oak Creek News Update
Midgley Bridge Trailhead Temporarily Closed
The Midgley Bridge Trailhead and parking area will be temporarily closed for construction activity from Monday, April 21 – Friday, May 2, 2014.
Press Release HERE.
AZ Gives Day
AZ Gives Day is a state wide initiative designed to help individuals support
the non-profits in their community.
With as little as $10 you can make a difference.
CLICK HERE to learn more.
Did you know that Oak Creek Watershed Council programs
· Removed 3,897 pounds of trash, over 85 pounds of feces and 128 diapers in the Oak Creek corridor from July 4th through
Labor Day weekend, last year
· Met with over 11,400 visitors and gave 860 hours of watershed education
including outdoor ethics and potential health issues in Oak Creek
· In partnership with the Forest Service, will install Midgley Bridge vault toilet system to provide visitors access to restroom facilities
· In the last 10 months have contributed over 1,100 volunteer hours
towards improving the health of Oak Creek
· Removed over 800 lbs of dog feces in Sedona which otherwise
may have washed into Oak Creek
This work is made possible through donations from individuals like you! So…
Please join us in our continuing efforts to sustain and preserve the integrity of Oak Creek and its tributaries!
Click HERE to schedule your donation for AZ Gives Day today and support efforts to continue this important work in the Oak Creek Watershed.
And don’t forget to share this with your friends and ask them to give!
For more information about joining OCWC please contact Marie McCormick at
Join us in celebration of Arizona Gives Day 2014 on April 9!
Our OCWC Public Service Announcements are produced by Stephen DeVol of sedona.biz.
Our Call to Action:
If there was ever a cause that could bind together people of all walks of life throughout Sedona, Yavapai County, and Coconino County, and resurrect a spirit of community, it is to protect Oak Creek and help to nurse it back to good health! We invite you to join us in this quest.
Thank you for your continuing support,
Barry Allan, Chief Executive Officer
Many thanks go to our webmaster, Theresa Stacy-Ryan, who has worked diligently throughout the years to make this site more public-friendly and easier for us to edit, etc.